Your business has only one chance to make a good first impression. That’s why it’s crucial for you to keep your windows in pristine condition. We’ve all come across a business with unkempt landscaping, a parking lot full of trash and debris, and dirty windows. This lack of care signals to guests that the business is failing or that they simply do not care. To avoid leaving a bad first impression you may want to consider hiring a professional to take care of your business’s windows.
You might be wondering how frequently you need to have your windows cleaned. Since every business is unique and has its own diverse set of requirements there really are no hard rules on this. However, there are a few guidelines that can help you establish a suitable cleaning schedule for your windows.
Here are a few things you should consider when deciding how often to schedule window cleaning:
- Climate Precipitation can cause spots on dirty windows, if your facility is in a rainy or snowy climate you will need to have your windows professionally cleaned more frequently to remove any dirt and mineral deposits left behind by water.
- Location If your business has new construction occurring close by or is near a highway or a busy street, your windows will need to be cleaned more often to prevent grime build-up and glass deterioration. Furthermore, if you have lots of trees and pollen in your area or if you’re in an area with high wind you will need to have your windows cleaned regularly to get rid of all the dust, dirt, and grime.
- Foot Traffic How large is your space? Do you have a lot of employees or customers that visit your facility? These are key questions you should ask yourself as they could affect the cleanliness of your business’s windows.
- Building Structure Certain design features of your building, such as inset windows, can be more susceptible to collecting dust and often require more frequent cleanings. Take the design of your building into consideration when deciding how often to schedule window cleaning.
The most important factor when determining a cleaning schedule is the type of business you run. Here is a simple guideline to assist you in determining how often your type of facility should get its windows cleaned:
- Hospitality Consider the types of customers your business caters to. For instance, a family restaurant that serves children will often have windows full of fingerprints. Between professional cleanings, you will want to make sure your staff is spot-cleaning windows to help combat those pesky fingerprints. Be it a bar, bistro, winery, pub, or restaurant you’ll want to keep in mind that any place with a kitchen typically has air that is full of moisture and grease. Therefore, we suggest getting the interior and exterior of your windows professionally cleaned every two weeks.
- Medical Facilities If you’re running a dental practice, physician’s office, emergency clinic, or any other healthcare facility, you know how important it is to provide a hygienic and sanitary environment for your patients. Keeping your windows spotless and dirt-free will give your patients the confidence that they will be cared for in a clean environment.
- Retail Stores Your windows are the first thing your customers will notice when passing by your store. Retail stores will often use their windows to display their merchandise to customers to draw them into their store. Ensuring your windows are spotless and streak-free is crucial in making a good first impression and gaining repeat customers. If your retail business has a high amount of daily foot traffic you will want to schedule a professional window cleaning at least once a month.
- Offices & Workplaces Typically most office buildings won’t need their windows professionally cleaned as often as a retail or hospitality business would. A standard office building should have the interior and exterior of its windows cleaned every 2 months. Depending on your office building you may want to have your cleaners touch up the windows in the lobby or entranceway on a regular basis since this is where visitors and clients tend to be.
Our technicians use the latest equipment to transform small storefront windows through to large commercial buildings – and everything in between. To make sure your business leaves a good first impression, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-800-8386 to schedule a window cleaning service.